In the world of content management system (CMS) WordPress has acquired a complete domination and has reached the position of the leader in CMS technologies. A look at the reasons behind popularity of WordPress shows the various exciting features of the technology that attract common man. The majority of WordPress users are bloggers and this phenomenon has marked WordPress as a popular technology for blogging, but really WordPress technology delivers much more than just a blogging platform.
The speed and ease of use has made WordPress the favorite CMS for many website owners. When it comes to the benefits of CMS technology used by WordPress, there are a number of benefits.
Benefits of using WordPress CMS.
- First of all it just takes a few minutes to put up a fabulous website with WordPress CMS, while it may take days to create and host other websites.
- The number of plugins and widgets available makes it highly interactive enabling website visitors to stay for a longer time and thus resulting in greater conversion rates.
- WordPress CMS makes it easy for a non-technical person to manage the site with ease for example a person completely void of HTML can still update the website with contents.
- With CMS technology handling large amounts of data is much easier. For instance, changing linking structure for hundreds of pages usually takes much time and energy; however, in WordPress it just takes a few minutes to do this.
- Editing and changing things is a lot easier in WordPress as you need not explore through the cumbersome HTML codes.
- There are a number of free themes available in the internet and it just takes a few minutes to change your theme.
- In case you need to a particular theme, you can find it available with web template providers for a trivial sum. It is also possible convert your PSD designs into WordPress themes and thus get the theme of your choice to your website
- While the list is long, the best of all the benefits is the amount saved by avoiding the costly affair of hiring programmers to update content.
WordPress CMS is best suitable for bloggers, small business and medium sized businesses. Unlike other CMS that take a long time to understand and operate, any user can within minutes become experts in handling WordPress websites. One other great advantage is the large community, which makes it compete with latest CMS technologies like Joomla or Drupal, with constant development of the technology.